Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Save The Polar Bears!

Image result for animated pictures of polar bearsHey there! My name is Pauly the Polar Bear! I live in the Arctic environments of Canada! I have a lot of families all around the world, but we only in the Arctic Areas! Arctic areas mean that i live in cold environments. I love to play, and hop around on ice burgs to catch my dinner for the day. I also love my environment and my home, along with of course the cold weather! Lately, I have been noticing a lot of my family is disappearing? I realized it is from people hunting them, and my environment is getting warmer. The warm is melting the ice and snow around me, which is making it so i am not able to hop around on my ice burgs and catch my food or do the normal fun things polar bears do to live their lives. These problems now, are what makes me and my family members on the endangered species list. If you are on the Endangered Species list, sadly this means that a lot of your family members are dying and becoming almost extinct forever like the dinosaurs. Fluffy cute polar bears being extinct? NO WAY!  Since me and my family are on this, i need your help to get us off of it! Come along and learn about how you can save us! 

Why Are We Endangered?

Image result for animated pictures of polar bears catching foodThe main problem of the reason why we are in trouble is called Global Warming. Global Warming is affecting us because instead of making our environment cold, chilly and icy like we were made to live in, it is warm and hot! This becomes a problem for me and my family members because our nice, white, thick fur is made for the freezing cold and it hurts our bodies. It's like wearing a big snow suit in the summer, all the time! Which in the long run really hurts our bodies, we can't deal with the heat. Also, the ice and snow around us makes momma bears like me to be able to build ice dens, which are like a home for my baby polar bear cubs and I. With the snow and ice around us melting, our dens melt. This makes us not able to have homes and protect our families. The last reason global warming hurts me and my family, is because to get our yummy food we hunt the little fish in the Arctic Oceans, we hop on ice burgs like you see in the picture. We dip our head in the ocean, or we dive in the get them and jump back out onto the ice burg! With the ice burgs melting, we cant do this and me and my family will not have anything to eat. 

Another reason why me and my family are in trouble is because of the mean hunters that like to hunt us. The hunters want us for our beautiful fur, that sells for lots and lots of money in auctions. What they are not realizing is they are hunting too many of us and it is starting to really damage the amount of polar bears left. There are rules all over countries which says we are not allowed to be hunted. The law is called The Endangered Species Act. This law states that people are not allowed to hunt and kill us, except the law sadly is not passed where my home is in Canada. I see a lot of my family, and me hiding from the mean men chasing us everyday! Even though we try to fight back with our big ROARS their guns sadly over match us.

How to help us with these problems!

Thankfully, there is a lot of ways to help save me and my family! Adults and grown ups have a lot of  world wide organizations that help save us, also the laws are made to make the mean hunters stop chasing us, and since the law was made, our population has went back up! The main problem is global warming. This subject is very serious, and is harming more environments than just my family & I. Usually this is an adult people problem, they need to change and handle this by using smarter and better ways to live to keep our environment healthy. Good thing there is a few ways you can help us too! Here is a few ways you can help us fight against this problem by doing very simple tasks in your everyday life:

Image result for animated polar bear saying thank you beary much

  • Recycle- Throwing away your empty water bottles in the recycle bin.
  • Save energy-Turn off the lights in the rooms you are not using in your house.
  • Stop littering- Don't be lazy! Always throw your trash away in the garbage. 

I hope hearing about our fight has made you hope on board too! Doing all these simple things everyday can save me and my family fight our problem with the climate change. Thank you for learning! Hop on board, and save the polar bears! 






References
(2016)Clean Trillion. https://www.ceres.org/campaigns/clean-trillion?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5qrXBRC3ARIsAJq3bwq4eDQKTiTqt78kYY9l02HEfY9UzkJLL044IPaALks5Z-IcMfLo0Dw

https://www.google.com/search?q=animated+pictures+of+polar+bears&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjHmcKv5eraAhXQjVkKHd9_BYcQ_AUoAXoECAAQAw&biw=1440&bih=826#imgrc=ihylqy-sQWNAeM:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1440&bih=826&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=1b_rWpe_Co765gKSjpTYAw&q=animated+polar+bear+saying+thank+you+beary+much+&oq=animated+polar+bear+saying+thank+you+beary+much+&gs_l=psy-ab.3...95584.106138.0.106384.37.34.0.0.0.0.160.3422.18j16.34.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..21.0.0....0.HrlEvTXR9Vo#imgrc=YwbcT-8R2gSLXM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=animated+polar+bear+trying+to+catch+fish&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiUtMLv_uraAhVCs1kKHbMDCOkQ_AUoAnoECAAQBA&biw=1440&bih=826#imgrc=eda9S8jJdWV4MM:

No comments:

Post a Comment